Storage Jar "Cheerful" in white, 900 ml
|(incl. 16% VAT)|
Here’s how we’re turning up the heat this summer: In cooperation with our friend, Tobias the cake maker, we’re bringing you a recipe that puts our little TASSEN bowls into the hot zone. You heard right: Our tasty chocolate cup cakes come straight from the oven, baked in our porcelain dishware.
Way too hot? Not in the least! All our TASSEN porcelain products are baked inside a hot oven. At our German porcelain factory, the bowls receive their finishing touches in an industrial grade oven. During the so-called gloss firing, the bowls spend 7 hours in the hot oven at 2588F, documented in this behind-the-scene Video.
One important thing to keep in mind is that the TASSEN bowls should be at room temperature before cake baking, and not stored in the fridge. Otherwise the temperature difference could pose a problem.
are we waiting for – let’s get started with baking delights with TASSEN! Here
are all the ingredients and steps to feed your sweet tooth:
10.5 oz soft butter
5 medium-sized eggs
7 oz sugar
10.5 oz flour
7 fl oz milk
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 pack baking powder
2 TB cocoa powder
6 oz choclate chips Butter for greasing the bowls
1. Whisk the butter together with the sugar using a hand-held electric mixer until foaming.
2. Add the eggs, individually, and keep mixing into a creamy dough.
3. Mix flour, cocoa, and cinnamon and add to dough. (Bild 19)
4. Pour in milk and mix thoroughly. (Bild 22)
5. Stir in chocolate chips. (Bild 23)
6. Grease bowls with butter. (Bild 29)
7. Fill bowls with dough, leaving about half an inch below the rim. (Bild 32)
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350F for 40–45 minutes. Test with a wooden toothpick. If it comes out clean, your cup cakes are ready.
9. Let chocolate cup cakes cool inside bowls.
Once the cakes are ready, decorate to your heart’s delight: Options include whipped cream, powdered sugar, marshmallows, caramel topping, red fruit jelly, and cream cheese icing.
In the mood for something more hearty?
Check out our recipe for Sizzling Schezuan Skewers from the grill, perfect for spicing up your weekend BBQ with TASSEN.